Monday 17 September 2012

Amazingly Easy Crock Pot Chicken


I love cooking.

It calms and soothes my soul.

I get giddy just thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and the Christmas feast I cook every year.

That being said, some nights I just do not have time to slave over a hot stove.

Enter this chicken recipe.

No it does not have glamorous ingredients. However, it meets all three of my weeknight criteria: quick, easy and delicious!

I found this recipe somewhere on pinterest last year.  I have slightly tweaked it to more match our families taste buds.  Use this chicken in tacos, burritos, taco salad or enchiladas.  The best part of this recipe is it freezes beautifully!!! So make a double batch and throw half of it in the freezer for a hectic night when dinner is never going to happen.

Amazingly Easy Crock Pot Chicken

4 chicken breasts (I usually just throw 4 frozen chicken breasts right in he crockpot)
1/2 a small bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 packet ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Shred with fork and enjoy!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I actually have all these ingredients at home I'll have to try it tonight!

    www.hometrendsutah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete