Friday 28 September 2012

Product Review: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

I am obsessed with these hair products.

Period.

Every naturally curly haired girl prays for a "holy grail" hair product.  A product that will transform their frizzy hair into tamed, smoothed, bouncy curls. These products do just that for me.

Once my hair has been washed, conditioned, and detangled, I apply Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner generously to soaking wet hair.  I like to section my hair to ensure each strand is getting a proper drink of this sweet nectar. After I have applied a generous amount of Knot Today, I take my hair in small pieces and apply Kinky-Curly Curling Custard from root to tip.  I smooth each small piece with the custard until a uniform curl has formed, then I repeat with the next small piece.  

Pros: Too many to list! It makes my frizzy curls uniform and smooth. It does not dry my hair or create the hard crunch that many other gels do; it creates soft, moveable curls but with the hold of a super hard gel. It smells amazing and washes out very easily.  Best of all it is available at Target, however, the big tub of Curling Custard I still have only been able to find at Whole Foods here in Utah.

Cons: It takes a very long time for my hair to dry when using this product. Also, I wish the Knot Today came in a larger container; the current size only lasts me about two weeks and at around $12 per bottle, it can become pricey.  The large tub of Kinky Curly costs around $30, however, it usually lasts me roughly 4 months. Even though these products are on the pricey side I feel they are well worth the money!

Here is a picture of my hair after applying Kinky Curly and allowing it to dry.


I would recommend this product to curlies with very tight spirals or frizzy hair.  I would not recommend this product to anyone with wavy hair or slightly curly hair; this is a very heavy gel made to help weigh your curls down. This is also not a good product for anyone who is transitioning. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your curly hair. Wish I was so lucky. Side note: you have such a great profile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE COME BACK! AWESOME BLOG. VERY HELPFUL/INFORMATIVE!

    ReplyDelete