Sunday 24 June 2012

Baby soft hands and feet

My favorite comment ever is when someone tells me I have soft hands.

I am obsessed with soft skin.

I love the look of it.

I love the feel of it.

My husband thinks my soft skin is pretty great too...

However baby soft skin only seems to only come naturally to babies.  Yes there are a few of you lucky people walking around with soft supple skin that you have to do nothing to achieve.  For the rest of us, soft skin is something we have to work on.

Dried out hands and feet is always a battle for me.  In the winter my hands are extremely dry from the cold and in the summer the bottoms of my feet are extremely dry from wearing sandals constantly.  And living in this desert climate certainly does not help. Never fear though, I have found 2 simple solutions that eradicate dry hands and feet!




Awww the magic combination. When my hands are feeling extra dry, I slather on 100% natural shea butter before bed and then put on my moisturizing gloves. When I wake up in the morning my hands feel smoother and softer than my 9 month old baby!! I purchased the gloves from the dollar store but I have seen them everywhere. They are extremely inexpensive so I recommend grabbing a few pair.  The shea butter I purchased at Good Earth, however they also sell it at Whole foods.  Beware you want to purchase 100% natural shea butter; it has a sand like consistency initially but as you work it into your hands it turns into an oily texture.  This same trick works for your feet using shea butter, vaseline or heavy hand cream/lotion and white socks.  Slather up your feet, put on the white socks and drift off to sleep. In the morning your feet will be soft and smooth.  If you have extremely dry and cracked feet, you may need to do this several nights in a row before your feet are crack free.  Once they are soft and smooth, doing the sock trick once a week will maintain your new baby soft look.

If you do not have moisturizing gloves you can use white socks on your hands!  I do the hand trick at least once a week in the winter to help prevent dry hands and combat any cracks I may get do to excessive hand washing.  Also, if you do not have shea butter, you can substitute cocoa butter, vaseline, any heavy hand cream, or lotion/body butter.  I prefer the thick stuff (shea butter or vaseline) but I think the key is keeping them covered all night to let the moisture slowly soak in.

I hope this trick helps you as much as it has helped me! Let me know if it works for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment