Friday 15 June 2012

Eco Styler Gel



I'm in St. George this week visiting my lovely parents. While talking to my mom in her laundry room I discovered a mammoth bucket of hair gel. Like a bucket so big it has a handle...no lie. And to top it all off this Goliath sized tub of hair gel is only $8.99!!!! The gel is called Eco Styler gel and my mom swears by this product. I conducted a short interview with her to see why her love for this seemingly simple hair gel was so great.

Q & A with the Brown Girl's Mom:

BG: Why do you love this product?
Mom: It's inexpensive and it works!


BG: Where did you learn about the product from?
Mom: That’s a good question! I think I learned about it from you. You tried it and did not love it. We have two different types of curly hair, and it works well for my hair.

BG: How do you use it in your hair?
Mom: I mainly only use it once a week. I wash, condition my hair, put morracon oil in it, apply the gel from root to tip in small sections and two strand twist each section.  Once my hair is dry, I take the twist out and with a wide tooth comb I comb my hair from the root up to remove the parts from all over my hair.  And I am set for 7 days!! I love it!!

BG: How much does it cost?
Mom: Very inexpensive! It is $2.39 for a 8 ounce jar and $8.99 for 5 lbs! 





BG: Where do you purchase it? 
Mom: I purchase it basically everywhere: Rite Aid, CVS, Sally Beauty Supply, and any drug/beauty supply store.

BG: How long does it last?
Mom: The 1 lb jar lasted for 6 months. However, the longer my hair gets the more product I need.

BG: Would you recommend it to a friend?
Mom: I would and I do!! I have converted so many people to natural hair with this gel! Mainly because if you do not have a good curl pattern, you can two strand twist your hair and have the appearance of curly hair! I get compliments all over the country!! I love this product!



I have used this gel a couple of times and have never been impressed.  It does not bond my curls together into one uniform pattern. That being said this is an excellent styling gel if you braid or twist your hair.  Apply this product to soaking wet hair before you braid/twist. Allow your braid to completely dry and then unbraid your hair and you will have waves that hold!  Try it for yourself! You will not find a cheaper styling gel with such amazing hold!


1 comment:

  1. This gel is amazing it works really well to slick back your hair into a ponytail and eliminate frizz halo.

    ReplyDelete