Wednesday 27 June 2012

Product Review: Organix Moroccan Argon Oil Conditioner



Time for another product review!  This week I went in search of a new conditioner that would detangle my mess of curls.  You already know about my love for Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner. The downside to that conditioner is that it is not a sulfate free conditioner.  I only use sulfate free shampoo because it does not dry out your hair. Sulfate free conditioner is also less drying, but in my experience does not work as well as traditional conditioners.  It usually does not give your hair the slip you need for the comb to gently glide through your hair during the detangling process.

Back to the product review.  After doing some research online, this conditioner got rave reviews and was available at my local Target for $7.99! Sounded like a win win solution to me so I purchased it with haste.  After shampooing my hair with Giovinni 50/50 Balanced Hydrating shampoo (MY FAVORITE!!) I sectioned my hair into 4 clips and slathered it on. The directions said to leave the conditioner on your hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing. I left it on for 10 minutes because I have extremely thick hair and wanted to give it plenty of time to work its magic.  After 10 minutes I started the detangling process...and this is where my disappointment began. Let me start by saying my hair was extremely tangled so I knew I was in for a fight. However if you are going to be my go to conditioner you need to be with me at my worst.  This conditioner did not work for me at all.  While it is a thick conditioner and glides on easily it has no slip at all.  After applying more than half of the bottle to only 2 sections of my hair I was still fighting with tangles.  For the remaining two sections I ended up rinsing out the Organix conditioner and applying my trusty Hello Hydration and the detangling process was MUCH easier.  While I do not like this product for a detangling conditioner, I think it may have some promise as a deep conditioner.  Next week I am going to deep condition with this product and my heat cap to see if it can redeem itself. If that fails too, I'm giving it to Kelsey. 

So for right now this guy does not get the Brown Girl seal of approval.  Boo. I was really hopeful!!  If you have had success with this product please let me know! Or if you try it let me know your experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment