Friday 13 July 2012

Sunday Brownies


Let the mouth watering begin.

As many of you know I LOVE cooking. It is my single favorite past time.  I am always researching new recipes and rarely make the same recipe twice.  So if I have a recipe I repeat more than once you know I really like it.  And if I tell you I make these brownies at least 2 Sunday's a month, it's safe for you to assume I am borderline obsessed with them.

These brownies are more of a cakey consistency as opposed to a fudgey consistency. I am usually a fudgey brownie gal, but I take exception for these gems. This recipe is fast, easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand which is a major plus. 

So this Sunday give them a try!! I hope you love them as much as I do!


Sunday Brownies
Recipe from Mels Kitchen Cafe

1 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips (any kind you like-I usually use semi sweet or milk chocolate)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips. Stir constantly and remove from heat when chips are fully melted. In the same pot, blend in the sugar and vanilla. Then add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each egg is added. Add flour and salt and beat until air bubbles form in the batter. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn down the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment