Friday 13 July 2012

Who are you?

Who am I?

This question is very haunting if you think about it. I mean really think about it.

Who am I?

Well, I am a wife, a mother, a stay at home mom, a sister, a daughter, a friend. However none of those things are WHO I am.  Those are just roles I play in life; that is WHAT I am, not WHO I am.

Who am I? What defines me as a person and makes me special and unique? What are the talents I have been blessed with? What is my purpose in this life?

Overwhelmed yet. Yeah me too.

I really do believe that each and everyone of us has a purpose. The question is how do we find our true purpose so we can go about doing whatever it is we were created to do? I don't know the answer to that question.  In fact I'm not even close to knowing how to answer that question.

If you asked me to describe myself in one sentence it would go something like this:

I am a kind hearted, loving, outspoken, woman who loves traveling, the beach, my family, is obsessed with cooking, hair products, and loves American Idol.

Hmmmm. Not exactly life affirming but I did only give myself one sentence.

My new goal, in addition to my 1, 2, 3, 4 challenge, is to do some deep soul searching and pondering to try and find my life's purpose. Life is short. I want to go to my grave knowing I gave everything I could to this world and hopefully someone's life was a little bit better by knowing me.

I end this post with a quote from my sometimes funny and very witty husband, "Always remember you are special. Just like everyone else."

No comments:

Post a Comment